Confirmation Preparation Year Two
And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always, the Spirit of Truth, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you,” John 14:16-17.
Preparation for Confirmation is strictly a two-year program beginning in the 7th grade. 8th graders who were not enrolled in a 7th grade class cannot jump into 8th grade. Please contact Kim Livaudais, Director of Religious Education at email@example.com
The requirements for receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation include satisfactory class attendance, meeting attendance, retreat participation, successful completion of the Confirmation interview and preparatory materials, and completion of twenty hours of service. These requirements will aid each candidate to receive the Holy Spirit with openness, docility, and enthusiasm.
“O Infinite Love, I love Thee; do Thou confirm and increase my love!”
CONFIRMATION – APRIL 30, 2022, 10am & 2pm
Bishop Loverde will be the celebrant of the Confirmation Mass.
Check back for more information regarding 2022 Confirmation/
The dress code for Confirmation is as follows:
The candidates will wear red Confirmation robes.
Guys wear dress slacks or khakis, collared shirts, and a tie, and dress shoes. No sneakers or flip flops. A jacket is not to be worn under the robe.
Girls wear a skirt, dress or dress pants.NO LOW CUT, STRAPLESS, OR SPAGHETTI STRAPS OR MINI SKIRTS. Closed toe shoes are preferable, but opened toe dress shoes are allowed. No sandals or flip flops.
- November 1 –Sponsor Choice Due
- December 1 – Sponsor Paperwork and Interview Reports Due
- December – Confirmation Advent Retreat (Date/Location TBD)
- January 9 – Potluck Dinner with Sponsors & Candidates following 5:30pm Mass
- February 1 – Letter to Pastor (Father Gould) Completed
- February/March – Confirmation Lenten Retreat (Date/Location TBD)
- March/April – Father Gould Confirmation Interviews
- March 7 – Confirmation Exam Part 1
- March 14 – Confirmation Exam Part 2
- April 29th– Confirmation Rehearsal
- April 30th – Confirmation Mass
Confirmation Sponsor Eligibility Form
NOTE: If your Confirmation sponsor is a registered member of Saint Francis de Sales, and meets the qualifications of a sponsor, you will need to fill out the Sponsor Eligibility Form, bring it to the Parish Office for the pastor to sign and seal. Ineligible people will not be approved to be a sponsor.
All sponsors from other parishes need to fill out our form, present it to their pastor and have it signed and sealed and returned to the RE office by February 1.