Confirmation Preparation Year Two
And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always, the Spirit of Truth, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you,” John 14:16-17.
Preparation for Confirmation is strictly a two-year program beginning in the 7th grade. 8th graders who were not enrolled in a 7th grade class cannot jump into 8th grade. Please contact Diane Taylor, Director of Religious Education at email@example.com
The requirements for receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation include satisfactory class attendance, meeting attendance, retreat participation, successful completion of the Confirmation interview and preparatory materials, and completion of twenty hours of service. These requirements will aid each candidate to receive the Holy Spirit with openness, docility, and enthusiasm.
“O Infinite Love, I love Thee; do Thou confirm and increase my love!”
CONFIRMATION – SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2023, 10am
Most Reverend Timothy P. Broglio, Archbishop for the Military Services, will be the confirming prelate.
Rehearsal for candidate and sponsor will be Friday, April 21, 6pm
There will be a reception in Our Lady of Victory Hall following the Confirmation Masses for newly confirmed and their families and guests.
The dress code for Confirmation is as follows:
The candidates will wear red Confirmation robes.
Guys wear dress slacks or khakis, collared shirts, and a tie, and dress shoes. No sneakers or flip flops. A jacket is not to be worn under the robe.
Girls wear a skirt, dress or dress pants.NO LOW CUT, STRAPLESS, OR SPAGHETTI STRAPS OR MINI SKIRTS. Closed toe shoes are preferable, but opened toe dress shoes are allowed. No sandals or flip flops.
- October 15 – Fall Retreat to national grotto, Emmitsburg, MD
- October 31 – Sponsor selection should be made
- December 5 – Sponsor paperwork and sponsor interview reports due
- December 17 – Wreaths Across America – volunteer opportunity (Antietam National Cemetery)
- January 8, 6:30pm – Potluck Dinner with sponsors and candidates (following 5:30pm Mass)
- February 6 – Letter to Pastor (Fr. Gould) completed
- February 25 – Lenten Retreat to the John Paul II Center
- March /April – Father Gould Confirmation interviews
- March 12/13 – Confirmation Exam part 1
- March 19/20 – Confirmation Exam part 2
- April 21 – Confirmation Rehearsal
- April 22 – Confirmation Mass
Confirmation Study Guide Answers
Confirmation Sponsor Eligibility Form
If your Confirmation sponsor is a registered member of Saint Francis de Sales, and meets the qualifications of a sponsor, please fill out the Sponsor Eligibility Form and bring it to the Parish Office for the pastor to sign and seal.
All sponsors from other parishes need to fill out the St. Francis de Sales parish form, present it to their pastor to sign and seal and return to the RE office.