“Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you. And when he said this, he breathed on them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained'”(John 20:21-23, NAB).
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is a great gift to our lives as Catholics and one that we should frequently receive. Going to Confession makes our hearts pure to receive our Lord in the Eucharist. Therefore, children are prepared for First Reconciliation prior to making their First Holy Communion.
PREPARATION REQUIREMENTS FOR PARENTS:
- Bringing your child to class weekly.
- Bringing your child to Sunday Mass.
- Attendance of at least one parent at the 1st Reconciliation Retreat.
- Growing together with your child in knowledge and love for the great gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Baptismal record on file in the RE office
PREPARATION REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
- Excellent class attendance
- Mass Commitment Form (go to Mass every Sunday!)
- Mastery of basic Catholic Prayers (Our Father, Hail Mary, Act of Contrition)
- Attendance at the 1st Reconciliation Retreat.
IMPORTANT DATES 2018-2019
Mandatory Parent Meeting
At least one parent is required to attend one of two meetings offered
Thursday, October 4, 7pm in Room 113
Tuesday, October 9, 7pm in Room 113
First Reconciliation Retreat
At least one parent is required to attend retreat
Retreat begins with 9am Mass, ends at 11:45am.
January 19 – all Sunday classes
January 26 – Monday and Wednesday classes, Atrium
Celebration of First Reconciliation
A schedule will be emailed home a week prior to 1st Reconciliation with your child’s scheduled time slot, between 4:30pm and 6pm
February 12 – all Sunday classes
February 19 – Monday and Wednesday classes, Atrium