The Year of St. Joseph
Pope Francis announced a Year of St. Joseph in honor of the 150th anniversary of the saint’s proclamation as patron of the Universal Church. “Every member of the faithful, following his example, may strengthen their life of faith daily in the complete fulfillment of God’s will.”Year of St Joseph Flier.2021
Join the Choir on Friday, March 19th at 5pm to
celebrate the Solemnity of St. Joseph with sung Evening Prayer.
Read Pope Francis’ Apostolic Letter PATRIS CORDE
Ways to carry out the Consecration to St Joseph
- Consecration to St Joseph: The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father by Fr Calloway MIC
- Saying a prayer to St Joseph for 33 days during one of the following times, concluding with the Prayer of Consecration to St. Joseph:
- January 13 – February 14, 2021 – Ending on World Marriage Sunday
- February 15 – March 19, 2021 – Ending on Solemnity of St. Joseph
- March 20 – May 1, 2021 – Ending on Memorial of St. Joseph the Worker
- May 19 – June 20, 2021 – Ending on Father’s Day
- July 20 – August 21, 2021- Ending on commemoration of Our Lady of Knock
- September 30 – November 1, 2021 – Ending on Solemnity of All Saints
PRAYER: TO YOU, O BLESSED JOSEPH
To you, O blessed Joseph, do we come in our tribulation, and having implored the help of your most holy Spouse, we confidently invoke your patronage also. Through that charity which bound you to the Immaculate Virgin Mother of God and through the paternal love with which you embraced the Child Jesus, we humbly beg you graciously to regard the inheritance which Jesus Christ has purchased by his Blood, and with your power and strength to aid us in our necessities.
O most watchful guardian of the Holy Family, defend the chosen children of Jesus Christ; O most loving father, ward off from us every contagion of error and corrupting influence; O our most mighty protector, be kind to us and from heaven assist us in our struggle with the power of darkness.
“As once you rescued the Child Jesus from deadly peril, so now protect God’s Holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity; shield, too, each one of us by your constant protection, so that, supported by your example and your aid, we may be able to live piously, to die in holiness, and to obtain eternal happiness in heaven. Amen.
Act of Consecration to St. Joseph
O dearest St. Joseph,
I consecrate myself and my parish
St. Francis de Sales,
to your honor and give myself to you,
that you may always be my father,
my protector and my guide in the way of salvation.
Obtain for me a greater purity of heart
and fervent love of the interior life.
After your example may I do all my actions
for the greater glory of God,
in union with the Divine Heart of Jesus
and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
O Blessed St. Joseph, pray for me,
that I may share in the peace and joy
of your holy death.