Guidelines during time of COVID-19
Bishop Burbidge is continuing the dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation. He encourages those who are age 65 or older, as well as those with underlying health conditions, to avoid attending public liturgies. Please refrain from attending public gatherings and liturgical celebrations if you feel sick in any way or are coughing and sneezing frequently.
Modifications for the Masses:
- Music at the 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM Sunday will be limited to the cantor and organ. The congregation should not sing. Click here for a letter from the Music Director regarding music and congregational participation.
- Every other pew will be available for seating but please sit apart from each other. Families may sit together.
- Masks are encouraged as we are still in the throes of the pandemic. No gloves for Communion in the hand.
- Reception of Communion is in front of the church, during the Mass. Two will distribute Communion in two lines, not at the rail.
- All parishioners over 60 and/or those who have health concerns will continue to have the dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass.
- All public Masses will be live streamed on this website.
- Baptisms, Weddings, and Funerals will continue to take place but with restricted numbers in attendance for the sacraments, according to which phase we are in.
- Confession times are held at our regularly scheduled times.
- The readings provided on the website from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. www.usccb.org/bible/reflections/ It is quite simple to find the readings of the day. There are also commentaries for your review.
- “Laudate” has daily readings, interactive rosary, reflections and more. It is a free APP you can find at the Google/Play Store, where can reach on your desktop, laptop, and phone.
- The best commentaries on the Sunday readings can be found at The Sacred Page. www.thesacredpage.com/
- Diocese of Arlington www.arlingtondiocese.org/covid19resources/ Live stream Masses, prayer guides and more!
LINKS TO HOLY MASSES
From different parishes all around the world, please visit www.mass-online.org.