St. Francis de Sales Homeless Ministry
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have; God is pleased by sacrifices of that kind. Hebrews 13:16
Interested in what the homeless ministry does?
Come learn more: October 11 @ 7pm
in the Religious Education Building Library.
● We prepare and serve dinner at the Loudoun Homeless Shelter every 4th Thursday of the month. All items are due to the Knights Hall the previous Wednesday by 5pm. Our upcoming dates are:
o October 27, with items due October 26.
o November 24, items due November 23.
o December 22. Christmas party, details TBA.
● We prepare, deliver, and serve meals and necessities to the Missionary Sisters of Charity in Anacostia every 2nd Friday/Saturday of the month. All donated items are due to the Knights Hall by the previous Thursday by 2pm. Our upcoming dates are:
o Items due November 10, delivered November 11, and served November 12.
o Items due December 8, delivered December 9, and served December 10th.
● We prepare “blessing bags” for needy and homeless at the shelters and in the community. Stay tuned for our next blessing-bag-filling event in November.
“Works of love are works of peace.” – Mother Theresa
Join us in works of charity by signing up to purchase items, make casseroles, bake cookies and cakes, or to transport meals and supplies. Contact one of us, and we will direct you to the Signup Genius lists:
• Fran Beebe email@example.com
• Carie Losinski: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Suzanne Robinson email@example.com